Wired vs Wireless speakers, Which is better for listener? This has been a debate for long in the arena of technology. Be it for a phone charger or computer mouse, many of us get confused about whether we are to pick the wireless or their wired counterparts.
When it comes to a speaker, you may have few questions in your mind. We found 2 common questions here:
Q1. Should I go for a wired speaker or a wireless one?
Q2. Wired or Wireless Speakers, Which one will be better for me?
Well, this is why we took some time to help you by diving into the crux of the question.
First of all, let us tell you what we believe. We believe that a wired speaker has some benefits that a wireless speaker may not have. But, on the other hand, our observation is that a wireless speaker has certain advantages that you can never have in a wired speaker.
In this article, we are going to show you why should you switch to a wireless speaker or why not. To do the task, we are going to tell you about both the wired and wireless speakers along with their pros and cons.
Later on, we will compare the two and let you decide whether you should switch to a wireless speaker.
Advantages of a Wired Speaker
A wired speaker has some advantages for which yet wired speaker exists. Let’s have a look at some of the core benefits you may have with a wired speaker.
- If you are very meticulous about sound, you will find a wired speaker to be better and more dependable. The sound you will get with a wired speaker is clear and without confusion.
- You can stay assured that a wired speaker is not going to be affected by Wi-Fi outages. You can experience interference-free music.
- If you have got a wired speaker, no battery issues in going to stop your listening.
- The wired speaker is relatively cheaper.
Related Post: Best Wired Speaker.
Disadvantages of a Wired Speaker
Though the advantages of a wired speaker may seem appealing, it is not without pitfalls. Here are some of the disadvantages that a wired sound speaker with:
- A wired speaker makes your home a mess with a plethora of wires and cords here and there.
- You are restricted to use it near an electric socket.
- You cannot move it to other places or use it for the outdoors.
- Not as smart and attractive as a wireless speaker.
- You cannot use it without an electric supply.
The intrusion of technical issues in wires.
Advantages of a Wireless Speaker
Well, now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of a wired speaker, it is time to know the advantages of a wireless speaker.
- You can move your speaker to anywhere else you want.
- Your home will remain clean and tidy and there will be no hotchpotch of wires and cords.
- A wireless speaker is less invasive as they operate without any wires to be connected with the main unit.
- No worries about anyone else or pets coming in contact with sockets, wires, and electronic instruments.
- You can use the amazing technologies associated with the wireless speaker and make life more comfortable and easier.
Related Post: Best Bluetooth Speaker.
Disadvantages of a Wireless Speaker
The wireless speaker also has a few disadvantages. Actually, you have to consider all of these for wireless audio systems.
- Most wireless speakers need a power cable.
- Without a power cable, the battery will not last a long time.
- Sometimes conflict with other wireless signals.
- Wireless speakers are expensive.
Differences Between Wired and Wireless Speaker
Both wired and wireless speakers have got some unique characteristics that have made them stand apart. As you have already come to know about the advantages and disadvantages of a wired and wireless speaker, let us see how they are distinguished from each other:
|Features||Wired Speaker||Wireless Speaker|
|How it works||It works with the help of cords or wires by getting connected with the central unit.||It works with the help of rechargeable batteries most of the time. Some speakers use an AC connection.|
|Sound Quality||Comes out with the original sound quality.||Infrared transmission is backed up by digital signals that produce similar sounds, though lack extreme originality.|
|Cost||Wired speakers are usually not that costly and are available in almost anywhere.||A Wireless speaker, on the other hand, is usually expensive. However, you can buy at a lower cost if you agree to compromise the quality.|
|Designed For||A wireless speaker is Usually designed for people who love to stay indoors or living permanently in a certain place.||It is great for travelers and people who move from one place to the other frequently.|
Blind Test of Wired vs Wireless Speakers
NCIX Tech Tips YouTube Channel made a video about the difference between Wired & Wireless speakers. It will make you more clear about wired vs wireless speakers.
Why Should You Switch to Wireless Speaker?
Now, if you have a wired speaker, you may ask about whether you should stay here or move to use a wireless speaker. Let’s now deal with why you should switch to a wireless speaker even if you have got a wired speaker.
Firstly, a wireless speaker is going to give you the liberty of listening to the sound from anywhere you want. It does not confine you to a place. If you wish to listen to music even from the yard of your home, you can do this with the wireless one.
Secondly, it does not need any wire that may make your home looks messy and dirty. You can live in a clean environment.
Thirdly, if you are always changing your living place and in a traveling mode, a wireless speaker is an ideal one.
Fourthly, as there is no mess or chords, plugs and sockets, you can stay out of danger from electrical accidents.
Fifthly, wireless speakers are easy to carry and thus you can share the rhythm of joy with friends and family.
And Finally, though it may seem very costly, it is not very much compared to the service it provides.
Now that you have gone through all the pros and cons of a wired and wireless speaker, you may already understand the extra benefits that a wireless speaker provides. A wireless speaker outweighs a wired speaker.
However, if you are extremely conscious about the original tone, if you just want your speaker only in a certain place for years, if you do not have a problem in backing up with power, you can also choose the wired speaker too. It all depends on your preference and need. We would advise you to go for a good wireless speaker if you have a smart budget.