Look at your house. Is it dirty? Does this seem like garbage or a garage? If so, you need to give it an immediate cleaning. However, it is tough to clean the entire house without proper planning of cleaning your bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, guest room, etc. In this article, we are going to help you with house cleaning tips or how to clean your house effectively and of course, within a short time.
Steps of House Cleaning Tips
Whatever you do, you should have a plan. There are always huge house-cleaning tips around blogs. We just shared 4 major things you should follow. Let’s check those…
Related Article: Get Some Color Inspiration for Your Home Interior
Have a Precise Plan
Proper planning is the first thing you need to make if you want to start cleaning your house. It involves calculating the time you have in your hand and determining the work you can do. Also, look at your motivation for the task. These are the things you can consider at the stage of planning:
- Try to follow the top-down approach. You can start with cluttering and end up with more serious issues gradually.
- If you are a very busy person, you should pile up work for a certain day. Rather try to clean your house a little bit every single day. For example, you may clean your washroom a day and your bedroom another day. In this way, you will be able to save your vacation for doing something else other than cleaning your home.
- Keep your kitchen always in check. As you prepare your food there and the place is prone to grime and grease buildup. You need extra care every day to have your kitchen healthy to ensure healthy foods.
- Determine the course of action. You need to know where you start and where you finish your task. Try to make a checklist. However, it is always fine to go through from the back to the front door.
- It is important to delegate your task properly. Assign work to your family members in a way that is suitable for their age.
Cleaning Your Toilet And Bathroom
Bathroom and Toilet cleaning are the hardest part of home cleaning. But we are sharing a few tips. We hope these tips will help you to make those tasks easy.
Toilet Cleaning Tips
Scrubbing the toilet may not seem to be an amusing thing for you. However, you don’t need to spend more time cleaning it if you know the tricks. Follow these 6 Toilet Cleaning Tips to clean your toilet:
- To keep your hands protected from bacteria and dirt, wear a pair of rubber hand gloves.
- Pour hot water into the toilet area and clean it with a sponge.
- Take some toilet cleaner and pour it into the toilet.
- Keep that uninterrupted for a few minutes.
- Use a toilet brush and scrub it.
- When you have finished, use a flush to get everything clear.
Shower Cleaning Tips
Showers get dirty easily. However, if you have got cleaner for the shower and have a brush, all you need to clean your shower are your muscle power and willingness. However, you can also use dishwashing liquid if you do not have a shower cleaner.
- If you need to have your shower clean for a longer period, you can use wax used for cars on showers.
- If you want to clean glass, you can use 8 to 10 drops of a dishwasher with half a cup of ammonia in a gallon of water.
How to Clean Sink
Sinks these days are quite heavy. To effectively wash a sink, you should choose a cleaner that fits best with the type and materials of the sink. Once you are sure about it, you can spray the cleaner and leave that for five to 10 minutes to destroy bacteria and remove mildew. Use a sponge to clear away.
In case of stubborn stains, using a brush to loosen the stains can help. When it is fresh, wipe dry with towels or paper towels.
Cleaning The Kitchen
It is always best to wash the dishes as soon as you finish eating each time. It doesn’t let your plates get dirty and waste your holidays. If you load your dishes in the dishwasher as soon as you use the dishes, you can save your time.
- When it comes to cleaning pans and pots, giving them hand-washing is the best. It is because they do not fit perfectly in the dishwasher.
- If you wash your dishes as soon as you use them, the food juices will not contaminate them.
- It is good to avoid making a mess by soaking all the dishes in the water.
- Do not leave your dishes without getting them dry first.
- Cleaning the oven and microwave helps to keep the kitchen healthy. You should clean them more frequently to get out of bad smells from our kitchen.
- Use a self-cleaning setting if there’s a feature like this in your oven.
- If your oven does not come with a self-cleaning function, you have to remove the racks and soap them in soapy water. Use a cleaning solution to spray inside the oven. Use a sponge and then rinse away with water and let it dry.
- When it comes to a microwave, you can prepare a solution of lemon, water, and dish soap. Put all of these in a bowl. Switch on the microwave and keep it on for 5 minutes. Then drag the bowl out and wipe the entire microwave with a clean rag.
- You need to make a cabinet for keeping everything in its proper place. Keep the plate in the plate area, bowls, and glasses in a separate place. Thus, you will find your things easily.
How Stuff Works also published an article about this topic. You can read it to get it easier.
Cleaning The Bedroom
Cleaning the bedroom is not that hard if you are an organized person. If your room is messy right now, you have to go through the following procedures:
- First of all, start organizing all the clutter and small things in your bedroom. So, pick your thrown papers, clothes and keep them in the right place. It must not be that easy, right?
- Take a laundry bag and a garbage bag to walk around the bedroom to pick up all the necessary things.
- Get your bedsheets clean. Wash your clothes and bedsheets and keep them in the wardrobes.
Cleaning your house can be a difficult task. However, if you know the house cleaning tips & tricks, you can get it done quickly. Always make sure that you clean your house regularly. If you pile up your work for months, it will be very tough for you to do all the work in a day or even in a week.