They say parenting is nothing short of a roller coaster ride the first few months. As soon as you welcome your little bundle of joy, you become 24/7 alert to make sure that he is safe and 100% cared for. On top of all, you don’t want him to face undesirable medical conditions. The right knowledge of the best baby wipes, therefore, is a must.
Wipes, these diapering essentials are used in bulk when you have got a baby. Think about how many times you change the diaper? Whether you’re tending to your little angel on a changing table or from a diaper bag hanging at the backseat of your car, you will look forward to having baby wipes on hand.
A lot of brands will lure you by their fancy advertisements for diapers, wipes, and other essentials. But truth be told, many of these companies tend to infuse harmful ingredients in their products. This is especially true when it comes to manufacturing baby wipes.
Many of the giant companies still don’t mention the ingredients on their websites. If you are an online shopper, you can’t really tell what’s in the packs. You physically have to go visit the supermarket and look up the ingredients standing in the aisle.
Which is why, most of the time you just grab a catchy pack, every time you change your baby’s diaper, you run the risk of wiping potentially toxic ingredients over the most delicate and sensitive part of your baby’s body.
Therefore, even if you don’t consider using any other natural baby products, you really should keep safe and non-toxic wipes in your diaper bag.
How to Find the Best Baby Wipes?
Now that you are convinced to be extra cautious the next time you go shopping for your baby, how are you making sure to get your hands on the best baby wipes? Having an overwhelming number of them to choose from, it might get quite tricky for you to know what will work best before trying a brand out first.
In short, the best baby wipes are those that work according to the promise and make sure to minimize the baby’s contact with harsh chemicals and fragrances.
Here are some factors to keep in your mind before you put a pack in your cart:
Carefully reading the labels is of crucial importance. Know for a fact what you are placing onto your baby’s sensitive skin. First off, you should carefully avoid harsh chemicals of any sort.
Make sure you look for hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, or all-natural ingredients, which helps with your little one’s sensitive skin.
Secondly, if you have already figured out a certain brand causing problems, it’s best to look for other stuff that doesn’t have the same ingredients. It’s your knowledge and experiences that will help you find the right solution.
As a full-time parent, you deserve to find out the most user-friendly options out there since you’re carrying out an exhaustive job of raising your baby.
Get hold of items that you can carry easily, that are available in a budget and easy to pick up from the packet. In this way, you can make things easy on yourself.
Make sure when you need a piece of wipe suddenly you don’t have to wrestle with a massive container that gives you a real tough time opening.
In the case of specific skin conditions such as dermatitis or eczema, the product decisions are even more critical. Fortunately, there are products that are specially formulated for catering to the need of these problematic skins.
These issues can stay with your child for a while or for long. But if you help to combat problems during the early years, it can be easier to maintain later on. Some more bucks spent on a specialized product do pay off in the long term.
Our Reviewed 5 Best Baby Wipes
Below you will find a list of the best baby wipes has at its disposal. Why not use these from the very beginning and keep your baby safe from unnecessary discomfort? After all, they are the most delicate of all, so your little one deserves the best treatment from the start.
WaterWipes for Babies
WaterWipes, advertised as the world’s purest baby wipes, have been designed with special care to go gentle on babies’ tender, sensitive skin. Enriched with all-natural ingredients, these wipes are recommended by 97% of midwives.
- Contains 99.9% water and grapefruit seed extract.
- Every wipe is instilled with pure, filtered and softened Irish Water.
- Free from harmful irritants like chlorine, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
- May provide relief from nappy rash or other skin problems.
- Has a thick texture.
- Helps restore the pH balance.
- Comes in a handy tub.
- Seals perfectly, so the wipes don't get dried out.
- Comes in bulk buying option.
- Includes refill packs.
- They're quite pricey.
- Some parents find it too moist and wet, which might, in turn, result in rashes.
- These aren't fully biodegradable in case you're concerned about the environment.
Pampers Sensitive Wipes
Twenty percent thicker than other wipes, Pampers Sensitive Wipes has long been held as the top choice among hospitals and parents. It gives your child the comfort he deserves, thanks to all the advanced features.
- 0% paraben, fragrance, phenoxyethanol or alcohol.
- Contains pH balancing lotion.
- Comes with a unique Soft grip Texture.
- Each wipe costs only 0.24 cents.
- Has a mild texture.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Soft grip Texture ensures gentle cleansing of baby's skin.
- Offers bulk buying option.
- Very Affordable.
- Some parents complain about an oily residue, likely resulting from any of the moisturizers used in the wipe.
- Some parents have raised the issue of little threads sticking to their baby's skin.
Amazon Elements Baby Wipes
Soft enough for a newborn, but sturdy enough to do the job right, Amazon elements baby wipes was an upshot of careful deliberation of customer wants. If you don’t want to compromise the comfort of your baby, this can be your best pick.
- Infused with soothing Aloe, Vitamin E and Pharmaceutical-grade purified water.
- Free from parabens, phthalates, bronopol, methylisothiazolinone.
- The new formula contains 98.3% water.
- Affordable option.
- A perfect combination of modern features and classic look.
- This is super lightweight that makes it easy to carry.
- Available in a range of colors.
- Doesn’t dry out even after experiencing extreme heat.
- In order to use this, you must buy a mattress separately.
- Some customers complained about stinging sensation on sensitive baby skin.
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes
While choosing a particular brand’s baby wipes, it is very crucial to ensure that your selection is free of harmful irritants. This is where the Seventh Generation Baby Wipes stand out and are highly rated among conscious parents.
- Eco-friendly option.
- Contains no fragrance, parabens, phenoxyethanol or alcohol.
- Thick and soft in texture.
- Comes with an easy flip-top lid that keeps wipes fresh and moist.
- Gentle on baby’s skin.
- Includes tape-seal closure that makes it easy for stacking.
- Contains 4ct of 64 wipes, a total of 256 wipes.
- Hypoallergenic and tested by dermatologists.
- Smaller in size compared to its counterparts.
- Sometimes sticks together when pulling out.
- Sometimes the lid doesn't close easily and isn't perforated at the top.
Bloom Baby Wipes
Bloom Baby is another wipe giant that has been running super-hot in the marketplace. Parents love it for the comfort zone it gives to the baby. As a result, there’s no chance that the baby’s smile will turn into a pale one.
- Formulated with plant-based eco-fiber.
- Free of harmful irritants like alcohol, paraben, and SLS.
- Comes in a revolutionary 8" by 7".
- Enriched with plant-derived vitamins.
- Strong and less prone to breakage.
- Contains a unique textures surface area.
- Can feel too moist at times.
- Packaging quality needs improvement.
As a parent, your day passes with new surprises every now and then. We hope that the information furnished above will help you feel less intimidated when taking care of your precious baby bum.
By now, we are sure that you know what to store in your nursery shelf and what not to treat your baby with at your level best.
With a plethora of options available, We hope now you will find the best baby wipes of your choice that really does the job well.